An opportunity for steering committees, boards and members of emerging and recently opened consumer food co-ops, buying clubs and farmer owned retail stores in New York and New England to learn best business and organization practices from established co-ops, cooperative development specialists and financiers.
To make the most of the depth and diversity of information, contacts and networking offered by this conference, the participation of at least three people from each co-op is highly recommended. The deeply discounted registration fee for additional people is structured make group participation affordable. Your co-op's carpool conversations to and from are guaranteed to be stimulating and productive!
$100 for 1 person, $25 for each additional person from the same organization.
You may pre-register your group by sending a check to:
- PO Box 422
- Shelburne Falls, MA 01370
Online registration opens April 29, 2011 and continues to May 14, 2011. Space is limited so sign up early!
- The Arts Block, 289 Main St, Greenfield, MA 01301.
This one-day conference will include:
- Twelve different workshops on key aspects of co-operative development (finances, membership, governance, management, marketing and more…). Each person will be able to attend four workshops. Stay tuned to our website and future e-blasts for updates to workshop descriptions.
- Lunch time facilitated discussions on topics such as the 2012 International Year of Co-ops; strategies for reaching diverse urban communities; co-op to co-op cooperation and networking, and more. Send us your ideas for discussion topics or facilitators.
- Roundtable conversations with conference presenters on the unique issues facing your co-op.
- Co-operative development exhibits and resource materials.
Bookmark the conference registration site, which will be updated with workshop descriptions and logistical information, as well as CDI's food co-op webpage, which will feature resources and links.