- Advancing the economic stability of local areas;
- Increasing the circulation of capital in the local area increasing its economic multiplier and the impact of community investment, spurring locally oriented economic growth;
- Developing, attracting and anchoring new productive capital in low-income communities; and
- Expanding investment opportunities and asset creation for low and moderate-income Americans.
Here's how you can help:
- Read the Dear Colleague Letter and the Legislation
- Call your Representative's local office and make an appointment to talk to them or their staff in-person about the National Cooperative Development Act! Tell them about all the great work cooperatives are doing and can do in their district, and ask them to be a co-sponsor for this bill. Use this link to find your Representative's contact info https://writerep.house.gov/
- Participate in a webinar about the Legislation and how to effectively lobby your Member of Congress for support. (scheduled for next Tuesday - November 22nd - more details to come)
- Spread the news - Share www.campaign.coop with your community of co-op supporters - and get them to join our campaign!
Advocacy Coordinator - Cooperation Works!