How to Talk Cooperative!
Learn how to conduct informal, effective, small-group presentations about the benefits of Co-ops in your community and beyond
- Consolidate your knowledge of Cooperatives
- Add Co-op to your development expertise
- Develop your speaking and meeting skills
- Grow the Cooperative Movement
- Convey your passion!
Thursday, April 12, 2012, 9:30am to 3:30pm. Lunch provided.
West Room, Viles Arboretum, 153 Hospital St., Augusta, ME
Reservations only, in advance: 207-525-7776 or
firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations, questions, directions
Welcome to a free, enjoyable training session for future speakers about co-ops. This guided instruction is for anyone wishing to develop skills in this area. Learn to speak confidently and competently about:
- What are Cooperatives? What is their history?
- Why the Cooperative Difference Matters
- Types of Cooperatives and hybrids
- Values and Principles that inspire Co-ops
- Examples of successful Co-ops
- Bylaws and governance
- Extent and diversity of the global movement
- Handling FAQs and resources
- Assistance with planning your presentation
Help your community to Celebrate: 2012 is the International Year of Cooperatives!!
Lynda Brushett, Cooperative Development Institute
Jane Livingston, Cooperative Maine & Cooperative Development Institute